Our Community and the City of Mississauga
Greater Toronto Language School blends in with the friendly and established community of Streetsville, Mississauga. Within a 5-minute walk from the school, you can find coffee shops, a library, and a park whose trails parallel Mississauga’s beautiful Credit River.
Why study English in Mississauga?
• Mississauga is Canada’s 6th largest city and has been ranked Canada’s SAFEST city;
• Mississauga is home to the Canadian headquarters of 60 Fortune 500 companies including Microsoft Canada;
• The city combines the energy of its urban city centre with peaceful surroundings of its affluent suburbs;
• Mississauga is home to Canada’s largest and busiest international airport – Toronto Pearson International Airport;
• Mississauga’s community of Streetsville, where Greater Toronto Language School is located, is a walkable community providing a safe and friendly area for students to use their English skills.
Getting Around Mississauga
Whether you are going shopping, traveling between school and home, or exploring the city, getting around Mississauga is quite easy.
Mississauga Transit, Mississauga’s bus service, provides service throughout many parts of Mississauga and operates 7 days a week.
Things to do in Mississauga
Mississauga is home to Canada’s 3rd largest shopping mall – Square One. If you don’t like shopping, there are plenty of coffee shops, libraries, parks, fitness centres and more to keep you active. You can also enjoy the many cultural activities the city offers.